Your day to day duties:
- Review risk acceptability to make subjective decisions based on underwriting guidelines; ensuring standards for compliance and regularities are met.
- Manage daily referrals escalation and enquiries from call centre and ensure the escalations are attended within SLA.
- Ensure renewal policies are reviewed and sent out timely.
- Review, evaluate and recommend modifications to underwriting guidelines and workflows.
- Conduct training on products and underwriting guidelines to new joiners.
- Work closely with Customer Care Team to achieve business growth and renewal retention target.
- Conduct market research and competitors' statistical analysis.
- Engage in various underwriting and marketing projects.
- Product development for Company.
- Work closely with IT to provide business requirements on system and perform UAT.
- Work closely with Marketing department to improve user experience for our online portal platform.
- Any ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned by Manager.
- A diploma or degree holder.
- Possess Certificate in General Insurance (CGI) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as an Underwriter.
- Underwriting technical knowledge in Motor insurance.
- Meticulous and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- To be successful in this role, you should possess a positive work attitude, good interpersonal and communication skills.
What We Offer
Our benefit programme is designed to look after our people, making sure they are motivated, happy and healthy. The comprehensive benefits include:
- Attractive bonus scheme: reward based on company and personal performance.
- Annual leave between 16 and 22 days (depending on your job role).
- Five-day work week.
- An open plan and flat structure, with a focus on career development to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to progress and contribute.
- Competitive benefits - Life & Medical Insurance with outpatient health coverage.
- Employee discounts and referral program.
- Pro-family policies, committed to your work-life balance and fitness at work.
- Business casual dress code
- Great working environment in our bright, cheery office and an awesome coffee machine.
- Open and honest team of fun colleagues.
- Part of a global group working across 4 continents.
If you’re interested to join Budget Direct Insurance, send your CV to us at [email protected] and we will get in touch if you are shortlisted for a vacant role.