Motorcycles offer a great amount of flexibility. This is why we offer great plans that can be built to your exact specifications and match how you use your motorcycle.
Because no two bikes are used in the same way, we'll ask a number of questions before you get your quote to ensure you get the right level of cover for your needs.
Named Rider Plan
We know bikes are often shared among family and friends.
Your policy will cover the Main Rider of your motorcycle, as well as one other person who regularly uses your bike. This helps us provide you with our best price for your insurance. And if needed, this information will be used if you need to make a claim. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Care team who can help you to get this correct, right from the start. Call us at 6221 2111, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 8pm, or Saturdays from 9am to 3pm (excluding public holidays).
Named Rider Plan
This plan covers ONLY:
- The person who uses your motorcycle most frequently (i.e. the Main Rider), and
- One other person you include on your policy as a Named Rider.
IMPORTANT: The Policyholder must also be listed either as a Named Rider or the Main Rider under the Named Rider Plan in order to be covered under your policy.
Understanding how your bike is used throughout the day will help us offer the right level of cover and our best premium for your insurance.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to discuss your situation, please call our Customer Care team at 6221 2111, we're here Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 8pm, or Saturdays from 9.30am to 3pm (excluding public holidays).
Private and Commuting Use is use of your motorcycle for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, and for travelling between home and a regular place of work only.
Private and Occasional Business Use is “Private and Commuting Use” above, plus use for occasional business purposes by the Main Rider or Named Rider only. "Occasional Business” means your motorcycle is not registered for business use, and the use of your motorbike is not an essential part of earning income for a business.
Private and Business Use is "Private and Commuting Use” above, plus use for the business and/or occupation by the Main Rider or Named Rider only.
- carrying of goods or samples which are not for sale or payment
We do not allow:
- carrying of passengers or delivery of goods in connection with any trade or business (for example, for despatch or courier purposes) (whether paid or not);
- any purpose in connection with Motor Trade;
- driving tuition or test (whether paid or not);
- hire to other people; or
- any other purposes which we have not agreed to in writing.
We do not cover the following professions, trade or services:
- Driving instructors requiring business use
- Professionals who are involved with the entertainment industry
- Professional sportsmen or sportswomen
- Personnel of foreign armed forces
- Foreign diplomats and foreign diplomatic staff