Claims / Car Claims Guide
24 Hours Overseas Emergency Assistance
+65 6540 2199 – 24/7 international support line.
Here’s what to do.
Call our claims team within 24 hours of the incident on 6221 2199 or if you’re abroad, our international number +65 6540 2199.
Take your vehicle to one of 8 workshops located around Singapore.
You should report your accident to the police. It is a legal requirement to do so if anyone is injured or it involves Government property, foreign vehicle, a pedestrian or cyclist, or if anyone is injured.
Swap details with other parties, including nearby pedestrians. You will require the following information to complete your claim:
- Names of other parties
- Their NRIC, FIN, Passport or other identification number
- Contact details including phone numbers
- Licence plates for other vehicles.
- The exact location of the incident.
If it is safe to do so, take photos or videos of the accident scene offering multiple perspectives.
To submit your claim, you will require the following documents:
- Accident report
- If Police attended your incident, their report
- Any medical bills or reports
- Expense relating to the incident
- Names and contact details for all parties and bystanders
- Photos, videos and sketches you’ve made of the accident scene
Your Claims Executive will advise if anything further is required to process your claim.