Courteous Motorists, we want you!
Help us recognise good and courteous motorists on our roads today.
We need your help to support us in our mission to make Singapore roads great for everyone.
Together we can make a difference.
How do we plan to do it?
We have partnered with online dashcam video experts, Beh Chia Lor, whose chief aim is to improve road safety in Singapore.
If your video is selected, you get $100 worth of prizes.
Send in your dashcam videos of incidents involving courteous drivers or motorcyclists and we’ll select the top twenty-five (25) videos that we think help to demonstrate courteous and safe motoring.
If your video is selected you will receive $100 worth of prizes, including $50 cash to spend as you please. Plus, Budget Direct Insurance vouchers worth $50 for you to spend on your next purchase of either car, motorcycle or travel insurance.
In our fight to make roads safer and to keep our premiums low, we want to encourage safe and courteous driving.
At Budget Direct Insurance we love safe drivers so we can ensure lower premiums for all our customers, without cutting corners on cover or service
How to take part?
- Submit videos via Private Message (PM) to http://m.me/behchialor) or email your dashcam video to: firstname.lastname@example.org with hashtag #BudsyPatrol
- Successful submissions will be contacted by the team at BehChiaLor.
Roadfly Pte. Ltd. (“Roadfly”) is the administrator of the Contest. Auto & General Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Limited (trading as “Budget Direct Insurance”) (“Budget Direct Insurance”) is an advertiser and sponsor of the Prize (as defined below) of the Contest. The Beh Chia Lor webpage (https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor) managed by Roadfly.
1. Participate in the Contest from 2 January to 31 March 2019 (“Contest Period”).
2. Subject to Clause 3 of these Terms and Conditions, the Contest is open to all members of the public residing in Singapore who are at least 18 years of age as at the date of entry of Contest.
3. All employees of Budget Direct Insurance, Roadfly and their related companies, their immediate families, and persons living in the same household as the aforementioned individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
4. To participate, participants will need to submit a video taken from their in-car camera, showing a motorist driving safely and courteously. The participant submitting the video must be the original owner of the video. If the ownership of the video is being disputed by a third party, Roadfly will have the right to disqualify that video entry, for the purpose of this Contest.
5. Participants shall submit their video (each, a “Contest Video”) to Roadfly via Private Message http://m.me/behchialor or email email@example.com with the hashtag #BudsyPatrol before 31 March 2019, 4 pm (Singapore time). By submitting a Contest Video, each participant agrees to and shall abide by these Terms and Conditions applicable to and governing this Contest as set out herein.
6. Participant needs to provide their name, email, and contact / mobile number to be eligible for prizes. Submitted videos should have date/time stamp from the dashcam, which should fall within the contest period. Videos without a date/time stamp may or may not be accepted for the contest based on the discretion of Budget Direct Insurance and/or Roadfly.
B. Video Requirements
7. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images/videos isn’t allowed.
8. Participants can submit as many different Contest Video(s) as they like.
9. Multiple entries of the same video will not be considered. Roadfly will not be responsible for Contest Video(s) not received by Roadfly for whatever reason.
10. Each Contest Video(s) must not be offensive (no obscene, provocative, objectionable, defamatory, inappropriate or illegal content).
11. Upon request, each participant must be able to supply Roadfly with a high resolution Contest Video that is suitable for being uploaded and shared online.
C. Winners and Prizes
12. Roadfly will compile all the Contest Videos submitted and all Contest Videos will be judged by representatives of Roadfly and Budget Direct Insurance (“Panel”) based on the following criteria:
Demonstrate good, safe and courteous driving and/or riding behaviour, and the impact on the safety of other road users – as “positive examples” to encourage safe driving
Road safety education message
Assessment of how the good, safe and courteous driving shown can be encouraged – as a road safety lesson to drivers Action
13. The decision of the Panel is final. No appeal will be entertained.
14. The Panel will select the top twenty-five (25) scoring Contest Videos based on the criteria described in Clause 12. The winning participants who submitted these Contest Videos (collectively, the “Winners” and each, a “Winner”) shall each receive a S$50 cash prize and Budget Direct Insurance vouchers worth S$50 (collectively, the “Prize”).
15. Each Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other prizes
D. The Prize
16. Roadfly will notify each Winner via email- and arrange with them for collection of the Prize. The results of the Contest (being the winning Contest Videos, without naming the Winners) will be announced on https://www.facebook.com/BudgetDirectSG/ on 10 April 2019 (“Announcement Date”).
17. In the event that the Winner (i) does not respond to Roadfly within fourteen (14) days of being notified by Roadfly of his/her win; or (ii) fails to collect the Prize within two (2) months from Announcement Date; or (iii) has breached any Terms and Conditions herein; or (iv) his/her Contest Video entry is disqualified or invalid for whatever reasons, the Prize will be forfeited and that Winner shall have no claim whatsoever on the Prize. Roadfly is not obliged to offer any such unclaimed Prize to any other participant.
18. Roadlfly will require the Winner to provide a valid identification document before awarding the Prize to him/her.
19. Roadfly reserves the right to withhold the Prize pending verification of the Winner’s compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
21. Each participant further agrees to grant Budget Direct Insurance and Roadfly, without further compensation, a non-exclusive and irrevocable licence to use, republish, edit and/or modify the Contest Video(s) and any image extracted from it/them in any media for marketing and promotional purposes which include but not limited to the following:
(i) publication on websites owned and/or managed by Budget Direct Insurance and Roadfly and (including but not limited to Budget Direct Insurance’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BudgetDirectSG/, Beh Chia Lor Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor/), and any book, magazine, newspaper or any printed material, for the purpose of promoting Budget Direct Insurance, its products and the Contest; (ii) display the winning Contest Videos at public exhibitions for the purpose of promoting Budget Direct Insurance, Roadfly, its respective products/services, and the Contest; and (iii) share on social media for the purpose of promoting Budget Direct Insurance, Roadfly, its respective products/services and the Contest, provided in each case, that the names of the participants will not be publicly disclosed except with their respective prior written consent.
(ii) display the winning Contest Videos at public exhibitions for the purpose of promoting Budget Direct Insurance, Roadfly, its respective products/services, and the Contest; and
(iii) share on social media for the purpose of promoting Budget Direct Insurance, Roadfly, its respective products/services and the Contest, provided in each case, that the names of the participants will not be publicly disclosed except with their respective prior written consent.
22. Where there are images or personal information of other individuals appearing in or associated with the Contest video, each participant authorises Budget Direct Insurance and Roadfly to blur or redact the relevant images or personal information, prior to publication anywhere, for the purpose of this Contest or any other purposes outlined in clauses 20 and 21 above.
23. Budget Direct Insurance accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any loss, injury, expense, delay or irregularity (“Loss”) arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Each participant shall hold Budget Direct Insurance and Roadfly and all of its officers, directors and employees free and harmless from any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties in relation to any Loss, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the Contest Video.
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the participants hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
25. The Terms and Conditions of this Contest may be amended by Budget Direct Insurance at any time without notice or incurring liability to any party. The decision of Budget Direct Insurance is final. Any updates to these Terms and Conditions will be published on drivesafe.today.